Castor oil comes from castor seeds (Ricinus communis) and is amazing at reducing inflammation and promoting healing. A simple technique that can reduce aches & pains is a castor oil pack.
Here’s how you can make your own Castor oil pack:
- Heat up a 1/2 cup of castor oil until it is warm but not hot.
- Soak a small towel or cotton wrap into the oil until it is saturated.
- Wrap the towel around the affected area.
- Cover with plastic wrap (so the oil doesn’t get everywhere).
- Put a heating pad on top because the heat helps penetrate it deeper into the tissues.
- Leave this on for about 45 minutes.