Please give a warm welcome to Dr. Kristi Wrightson-Harter to the Puriya Team!
Dr. Kristi Wrightson graduated with a B.S. in Business Administration from the College of Charleston in Charleston, South Carolina, with a concentration in Restaurant Management. While her classmates were learning about managing the business of restaurants, Dr. Wrightson was diving into the management of the body ~ fascinated with the importance of food intake as it relates to optimal health. After several years, Dr. Wrightson went back to school for therapeutic massage, where she explored the deep connection between the mind and the body. Through this process, Dr. Wrightson found naturopathic medicine and enrolled in Bastyr University, the world’s leading naturopathic university.
During her schooling at Bastyr, Dr. Wrightson worked with physicians from Northside Hospital in Atlanta as well as several integrated health clinics in Seattle. This training exposed her to perspectives from both conventional and holistic medicine, creating a more complete protocol of care that employs characteristics from both forms of healing. While getting her Naturopathic Doctorate, Dr. Wrightson realized the importance of educating her patients on health issues related to food and proceeded to get her Master’s in Nutrition.
She utilizes this exceptional background in treating her patients: using each person’s unique internal blueprint as the guide for working within the basic principles of health.
While she continues to have an integrated primary care practice, today, Dr. Wrightson focuses on women’s health, hormonal balancing and anti-aging therapies using an integrative approach.
Dr. Wrightson is a member of the California Association of Naturopathic Physicians as well as a supporting member of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the only nationally recognized association for licensed ND’s.
Get to know Dr. Wrightson as our Chief Science Officer, Dr. Michele Burklund asks her these questions…
- First off, I would love for you to describe what is integrative medicine for our viewers because many people who will be watching this video will just be learning about different types of medicine and approaches to health.
- You have a very impressive background in both medicine and nutrition: How do you integrate these into your clinical practice?
- Our favorite healing modality here at Puriya is botanical medicine and I know that you love it as well. How do you incorporate botanical medicine into your practice?
- I like to ask doctors is about their personal philosophy because I think how a doctor views disease and wellness plays a huge role in how they practice medicine. Can you tell us more about your philosophy and how you approach medicine?
- We’re very excited to have you on our Science Advisory Board here at Puriya and I think you have a complementary background in anti-aging, nutrition, and skin care. Can you tell our viewers more about the additional training your doing in skincare?
- Last question, What are your top botanicals for skincare and why?
Want to get in touch with Dr. Kristi? Click this link
*We named our interview series ‘Living Well’ based on the Ancient Greek term “Eudaimonia” translating to doing and living well. The Greek Philosopher, Aristotle uses this term in relation to balance in all areas of life. At Puriya, we believe that living well encompasses much more than health but all aspects of life.